COVID-19 - Policies and Procedures
There’s Life in Store. From browsing the aisles of your favourite store on a Saturday morning, to seeing the friendly face of a familiar barista, there is so much to celebrate. Now more than ever, we’re proud of the jobs, services and hub we provide the Ottawa community and we’re shining a spotlight on the business owners, managers and sales associates who have persevered through a challenging year to open their doors and welcome you back.
We have a lot of catching up to do and we can’t wait to see you!
The health and safety of our customers, all employees at Bayshore Shopping Centre and our community will always be our highest priority. Effective July 16, 2021, Ontario enters Step 3 of its reopening plan. Non-essential retailers in malls will be allowed to open at 50% capacity, and limited seating in the new Food Hall will now be available. Customers will be required to complete a passive screening before entering the property.
Hours of Operations:
- Monday to Saturday: 11am to 7pm
- Sunday: 11am to 5pm
*Please note some retailers may be operating at reduced hours. Please call in advance and check with individual retailers to confirm shopping hours. View store details here.
Please know retailers are currently limited to 10 individuals in a line with social distancing at the exterior of their store. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.
Food Hall (newly located on the third level):
Food Hall seating is open with reduced capacity. Tables and chairs have been carefully placed the appropriate physical distance of 2 metres apart. We ask that you do not rearrange the furniture when you visit and follow all health and safety signage within the Food Hall. We have increased cleaning staff in the food court to ensure sanitizing takes place before you sit down.
Masks will still be required when placing your order. Once you are seated at your table you will be able to remove your mask to enjoy your meal. Once your meal is completed your mask must be worn, as per the guidelines set out by Ottawa Public Health.
Guest Services is open for in-person inquiries. We are also happy to assist you via our online text concierge at (613) 703-5933.
Services Currently Suspended:
- Stroller rentals are not currently available.
- Wheelchair and walkers are not currently available.
- Mall walking is not permitted at this time.
How We’re Keeping You Safe – Physical Distancing, Sanitation, and More:
The following procedures and practices have been put in place to protect our shoppers, retailers and employees:
- As a reminder, effective July 2, 2020 masks are mandatory in the shopping centre.
- Employees with a fever or cold- and flu-like symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, runny nose, or body aches are required to stay home.
- We are regularly disinfecting common areas throughout the day, particularly areas such as restrooms, seating areas, and high-frequency touchpoints throughout the Centre.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at entrances and in common areas.
- We are encouraging social distancing practices.
- We’ve installed new signage reminding shoppers and employees of safety precautions.
- Business and service providers that choose to re-open are responsible for maintaining occupancy levels in order to allow staff and customers to maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet, except for brief exchanges.
These requirements will be enforceable under public health orders.
Do Your Part – Customer Health Guidelines:
Please review and practice the following guidelines to ensure you are protecting yourself and others:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 6 feet distance between yourself and others to avoid spray from coughs, sneezes, or speaking.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, which can transfer viruses from your hands.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of used tissues immediately and wash your hands.
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, or mild fever, until you recover.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention, but call in advance if possible and follow the directions of your local health authority. Your healthcare provider will quickly direct you to the right health facility.
- Keep up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as your local and national health authorities.
Thank you from the team at Bayshore Shopping Centre.
Bureau Veritas’ SafeGuard Certification
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Bayshore Shopping Centre committed to obtaining the Bureau Veritas SafeGuard Label for its property. The label provides tangible, internationally recognized assurance that:
- We meet the industry’s highest hygiene and prevention standards; and
- We are fully prepared for a safe restart and continuation of our activities in the context of the pandemic.
This certification is a sign of confidence in our property, the employees who operate and manage it as well as the tenants who work there. Together, we certify to our customers that they are in a safe and healthy place.