Guest Services Representative
Position type: Permanent - Part Time
Enthusiastically and consistently delivers on the Ivanhoe Cambridge mission of "Continually striving to surprise and engage the consumer and retailer by consistently delivering a superior customer experience." Committed to providing an exceptional Customer Experience. The Guest Services Representative must ensure every customer interaction is carried out in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of the shopping centre's services, amenities/facilities, stores/locations, promotional activities and comfort tools;
· Proactively seek opportunities to create memorable customer interactions assist customers and provide excellent service;
· Interact with shoppers and retailers in a courteous and efficient manner;
· Project a positive attitude over the telephone and in person;
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with retailers and educate them about the centre's services;
· Assist guests by providing directions/information, answering questions, and performing other centre specific services such as parcel carry-out and store escorts;
· Maintain store knowledge about merchandise, price points, sales or special events to be able to offer gift or store suggestions based on the shopper's needs;
· Conduct all service functions of the Customer Relations/Guest Services kiosk;
· Be available to work at the play park as required;
· Assist the Marketing Manager with promotional events in the areas of ballot distribution/collection/sorting, GWP's, special event ticket sales, etc.;
· Be aware of the centre's Crisis Management Manual and maintain a clear understanding of Guest Services role and areas of responsibility as outlined in the plan;
· Participates in special projects and assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· High school education;
· Previous customer service experience preferred;
· Positive attitude and a strong desire to provide excellent customer service;
· Must be able to effectively communicate with shoppers, retailers, centre Management, Service Providers and all of the shopping centre personnel;
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of professionalism;
· Strong written and oral communication skills, multilingual skills a plus;
· Conflict resolution/management skills;
· Must be friendly, approachable, proactive and solution focused;
· Computer skills;
· Flexible and able to work weekends, nights and holidays (10-20 hours per week).
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada's 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Ivanhoé Cambridge's commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
- Monday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Tuesday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Wednesday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Saturday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Civic Holiday - Aug. 2, 2021 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Labour Day - Sept. 6, 2021 Closed
- Thanksgiving - Oct. 11, 2021 Closed